Catering Choices & Prices*
*catering menus are provided as downloadable PDF files; Adobe Reader® or compatible software required.
Catering & Dining
From small breaks and boxed lunches to large receptions and plated dinners, our talented culinary team is eager to cater your next event.
Professionally trained at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York and a graduate of Johnson & Wales University
- Over 20 years of experience in the hospitality industry, Chef Dai exceptionally orchestrates every aspect of food and beverage in the Café and Catered events.
- Each event is carefully coordinated with Chef Dai and a team who share his passion for food, creativity and attention to detail.
TABC Mixed Beverage Permit
Sponsor a reception for your guests and let our TABC staff take care of the rest! Add mouthwatering finger foods and sweet treats prepared by our culinary team to create the perfect networking event or happy hour!
In addition to a complete catering menu, the Commons Building is also home to one of UT’s favorite dining establishments — the Commons Café. Offering a light breakfast menu and a broad selection of delicious lunch options, the café is open weekdays from 7:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
To speak with a conference coordinator, please call 512-471-5898 or email CommonsCenter@austin.utexas.edu.
- The Commons Café is the exclusive caterer for Commons Learning Center
- Commons Learning Center will not allow perishable food to remain in meeting rooms 3 hours past scheduled delivery time
- Catering service fee of 21% and Texas State Sales Tax of 8.25% applies to all catering charges
- Menu items and preliminary guest count must be placed seven days in advance of the program
- Final guaranteed guest count is due three business days prior to the program
- A delivery fee of $35 applies to all off-site catering orders less than 3 miles away and $50 to all off-site catering orders greater than 3 miles away
- Optional catering staff is available at $35/hr. with a 2 hour minimum; one server per 40 guests required
- Final food and beverage pricing will be finalized 3 months prior to program due to volatility in commodity pricing