Conference Center Policies
Use of Commons facility requires joint sponsorship between The University and the organization reserving. An approval form must be signed by organizer and approved by VP of Research to confirm all programs at Commons. The following policies must be agreed upon:
- Events must be educational and non-commercial. It is understood that political and sectarian activities are prohibited.
- There will not be any sales of products or service or the taking of orders for products or services.
- This event will not directly result in financial gain for any individual, group, association, or corporation.
- No outside food, alcohol, tables, projectors can be brought into the facility. All food and beverages will be provided by Commons Café.
- The University of Texas at Austin reserves the right to approve all copy for advertising and news releases for this event. It may also require an accounting of the income and expenses directly related to this event.
- Although Commons Conference Center strives to accommodate your meeting room preference, Commons reserves the right to move your program from the reserved meeting space to comparable meeting space when/if the need arises.
- Final pricing for food, beverage and service fee will be finalized 3 months prior to program due to volatility in commodity pricing. Menu selection is due 2 weeks prior to the program and final count due 72 business hours.
- All cancellations must be in writing to ConferenceCoordinator@austin.utexas.edu and are subject to the following cancellation fees:
- 0-3 days before the program, a fee of 100% of room and catering charges
- 4-30 days before the program, a fee of 100% of room charges
- 31-90 days before the program, a fee of 50% of room charges
- 91-180 days before the program, a fee of 30% of room charges