Frequently Asked Questions

Meeting Attendees

Where is Commons Conference Center?

Conveniently situated in the heart of Northwest Austin, Commons Conference Center is located across from the Domain and adjacent to Mopac and 183. View the Directions , Maps & Parking page for additional information.

Where do I Park?

View parking lots (PDF) for Commons Building and information on parking permits here. All vehicles require a UT parking permit. 

What hotels are close to conference center?

View area hotels, many of which offer special rates and complimentary shuttle services to the center. Also available is The AT&T Hotel and Conference Center located on the main UT campus in central Austin.

How do I submit a request for special accommodations?

Please email us or call 512-471-5898 five days prior to arrival.

What are the center’s hours of operation?

The conference center is open Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. unless events are scheduled after hours.

Meeting Planners

Can I book a program if I am not with UT Austin?

Yes! Non-UT groups are welcome to reserve space for educational programs. To hold an event at UT Commons, groups must agree that: 

• Individuals, groups, associations or corporations will not profit from the event
  • Events will not be political or religious. No fundraising is permited
  • There will be no sales of any kind at conference center

What if I am with a UT Austin College, School or Unit (CSU)?

UT-Austin CSUs need an Interdepartmental Transfer (IDT) account number to make a reservation.

What facilities and services are offered?

Meeting rooms are equipped with ergonomic chairs, socially distanced classroom tables and whiteboards. A full range of technology options and catering services are available to support your meeting needs. The onsite conference planners, AV team and catering staff will assist in the planning and execution of your event.

What are the rates for the meeting rooms?

Room rental information can be found on the Room Information & Rates page.

What audio visual options are available?

For a complete listing of AV options and services visit theTechnology page. 

What registration services are available?

Commons holds the University's Cvent license and offers registration services that can meet the needs of in-person, hybrid and virtual events of all shapes and sizes. Ask your conference coordinator for details.

Is internet access available?

Yes, wireless internet access is available using the utguest network. No password is required. If wired internet is required, please contact your conference coordinator prior to the program.

If I'm not providing catering, are there food options?

Yes, the Commons Café is open 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, offering hot breakfast and lunch options, with snacks and beverages available all day.