Frequently Asked Questions

Visitors

Where is Commons Learning Center?

Conveniently situated in the heart of Northwest Austin, Commons Learning Center is located across from the Domain and adjacent to Mopac (1) and 183. View our Directions & Maps page for information about our two buildings.

Where can I Park?

View parking lots for Commons Building parking and West Pickle Research Building parking.

Where may I stay while attending a conference?

View our list of area hotels, many of which offer special rates and complimentary shuttle services to our center. Also available is, The AT&T Hotel and Conference Center located on the main UT campus in central Austin.

In case of an emergency, how do I reach someone at the center?

Call Guest Services hotline during business hours at 512-471-5898.

How do I submit a request for special accommodations?

Should you require special accommodations, please email us or call 512-471-5898 at least five days prior to your arrival.

What are the center’s hours of operation?

Generally, buildings are open Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., unless events are taking place after hours or on weekends.

Meeting Planners

Can I book a program if I am not with UT Austin?

Yes. Non-UT groups are welcome to book educational programs. Programs must adhere to the following guidelines:

• Events may not directly result in financial gain for any individual, group, association or corporation
  • Events cannot be political, religious or fundraising in nature
  • On-premise sales of any kind are prohibited.

What if I am with a UT Austin College / School or Unit (CSU) ?

UT-Austin CSUs need an Interdepartmental Transfer (IDT) account number and a valid UT EID to make a reservation.

What facilities and services do you offer?

We offer meeting space in two buildings, the Commons Building (TCB, #137) and the West Pickle Research Building (WPR, #156) located a mile apart in North Austin.

Meeting rooms are equipped with ergonomic chairs, moveable classroom tables, whiteboards and display rails. We offer a full range of technology options and catering services to support your meeting needs. Business services, including WiFi, copy and fax are available at the Commons Building Guest Services. Onsite conference planners, AV team and catering staff are available to assist in the planning and execution of your event.

How much are your rooms and services?

Room rental information may be found on our Room Information & Rates page.

What audio visual equipment do you offer?

For a complete listing of our AV equipment and services visit our Technology page. We offer a full range of AV equipment, including a portable DELL laptop cart and on-site technical support.

Is internet access available?

Yes, Wi-Fi access is available for a nominal fee. Passes for large groups may be arranged through your conference coordinator.

If I don't have catering, are there food options?

Yes, the Commons Café is open 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday - Friday offering a light breakfast menu and a broad selection of delicious lunch options.